Varieties include; Nordmann Fir, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, Blue Spruce and Serbian Spruce.
Our most popular and premium Christmas trees can now be purchased at our online store for local delivery.
We are delighted to announce that from today, Government legislation has changed once again and we are open for the 2020 season.
You’ll be able to come and choose a freshly cut Christmas Tree to take home.
Whilst booking isn’t required to visit the farm, we are limiting car parking spaces so at busy times you may be asked to wait until one becomes available.
It’s been a rollercoaster ride but we cannot wait to see you down on the farm for you to choose your perfect tree!
We will also continue to offer delivery of trees which can be ordered via our online store here.
All our trees are hand picked and we’ll cut to order ensuring they are fresh and the usual Grappenhall Christmas Tree standard.
Grappenhall Christmas Trees
Carr House Farm, Broad Lane, Warrington,WA4 3ET
All major credit cards accepted.
We can arrange local delivery of Christmas trees.
Wednesday & Thursday 10.00am to 4.00pm
Friday 10.00am to 7.30pm
Saturday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Sunday 10.00am to 4.00pm
(Closed Monday & Tuesday)
We specialise in farm grown trees. We believe that it is important that you can see where your tree has come from and be confident in its freshness, knowing that with proper care it will last all the way through to New Year.
We also advise that your tree be placed away from any direct heat such as radiators or fireplaces.
To keep your tree happy and healthy we suggest following these steps once you get it home;
- Whilst all of our trees are fresh cut we recommend that you cut 1cm off the base of the trunk to allow it to take up water
- Immediately place your tree in the stand and fill with fresh water
- Do not let the water level drop below the base of the trunk –if so it will dry up and form a seal that will stop it taking up further water
- Christmas trees are thirsty! They will drink between 0.5 and 2 litres of water per day, remember to check your stand daily and top up with fresh water when needed
FIRST TO THE FIELD
Each year we plant new trees for your future Christmas enjoyment.
On the weekends of the 14/15 and 21/22 November 2020, we invite you to our field to choose and reserve your perfect tree. When you’re ready to collect it, it will be freshly harvested for you, helping it stay perfect for the whole Christmas season. We will also have a carefully selected choice of pre-cut trees that are ready to take home on the day.
We believe that the day you pick out your Christmas Tree is truly the start of the festive season. We want to ensure that day is special but also safe and enjoyed by everyone. Here are some of the measures we’re putting in place to ensure everyone is safe whilst visiting the farm.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 2 metres between yourself and others whilst at the farm.
- We encourage face coverings to be worn throughout the farm including all outside areas and whilst in the barn, unless exempt.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the farm for use by staff and customers.
- Our preferred payment method is via card or Apple Pay.
- PPE screens are in place around the payment area.
- Staff have been trained on Covid guidelines/measures and will be wearing face coverings, unless exempt.
- Extra signage will be at the farm to remind everyone of farm rules and to socially distance.
- Separate entrance and exit and one-way system in place where required.
- Whilst we understand choosing your perfect tree is a magical experience, this year we’re under strict guidelines and regulations and discourage multiple people from households visiting the farm.
- The farm is a venue that allows you to choose your perfect tree, unfortunately it’s not to be used as a place to meet with your friends and family, or a day out for the children.
- Whilst booking is not required, at busy times there may be car parking restrictions so we can limit the number of people on site. Generally, we’re busier at the weekends so if possible, we would encourage visiting during our weekday opening hours.
- If you’ve been exposed to someone who has tested positive with Covid-19, or are experiencing symptoms, please do not visit the farm.
- For the safety of all staff and customers, if anyone is in breach of these guidelines, they’ll be asked to leave the farm immediately – we want to make sure everyone stays safe.
- Whilst we’ll continue to offer delivery, we won’t be able to go indoors so the tree will need to be left outside.
- The barn will be open with a selection of Christmas decorations to complement your tree. We’ve displayed these in a way that allows for easy, clear viewing, so please try not to handle the decorations unless intending to purchase.